Who this course is for
This course is intended for medical professionals such as doctors, nurses, paramedics, medical technicians, respiratory therapists, physical and occupational therapists, doctor’s assistants, registrars, interns, medical and nursing students, aides, medical and nursing assistants and other allied health personnel.
What the course covers
CPR for Professionals is a locally produced course designed to teach skills for both the in-hospital and out-of-hospital setting including
- CPR for adults, children and infants as a single rescuer and as a team member
- Ventilation with barrier devices / pocket masks,
- Use of the BVM with supplemental oxygen during CPR
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Choking / Management of an obstructed airway
The course is accepted as a prerequisite for advanced courses in resuscitation, including Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Advanced Neonatal Life Support (ANLS), BLS and Local Instructor courses.
A CPR for Professionals student manual is provided to each participant before the course begins.
5 – 6 hours
On successful completion of the course, HPSCA registered candidates will receive 15 CPD points.