Who this course is for
US 120496: Is designed to provide the participant who has no medical training but wishes to enable them to provide primary emergency care (first aid) in response to an occupational risk induced or any health emergency in their specific workplaces. The course will allow the participant to have a basic understanding of and how to handle a wide range of Trauma and Medical Emergencies. This course is ideal for first aiders that wish to have greater confidence when treating patients. This course has also now become the required minimum standard in many industries for individuals working as team leaders or supervisors.
What the course covers
- Understanding the principles of primary emergency care.
- Assessment and control of a single injury emergency scene in the workplace.
- Understanding and performing primary emergency life support for adults, children and infants.
- Understand and manage shock.
- Carry out secondary assessments of a sick or injured person and provide appropriate primary emergency care at the scene.
- Keeping records of an incident / accident.
3 day course
5 Credits, Training Provider certificate, Statement of results from TETA-SETA