(Must be completed in order to qualify for U/S 120496)
Who this course is for
US 13915 provides a broad introduction to HIV/AIDS in the workplace. It introduces a broad case of knowledge about HIV/AIDS that will enable learners to be informed and caring workers in an industry. The focus is knowledge, skills, values and attitudes in relation to the learners own context and experience of the world of work.
What the course covers
- Understanding the effects of HIV/AIDS on the immune system.
- Knowing how HIV/AIDS is transmitted.
- Knowing what behaviour is safe and what behaviour carries the risk of HIV/AIDS transmission.
- Knowing what guidelines and assistance are available to support workers with HIV/AIDS and recognise own role in creating a caring work environment.
- Understanding the implications of the HIV/AIDS pandemic for society, the economy, a business sub-sector, an organisation and a specific workplace.
4 Credits, Training Provider certificate, Statement of results from TETA-SETA