Who this course is for
US 376480 is a South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) registered unit standard called “Provide first aid as an advanced first responder”. It is designed to enable the first responder to react to emergencies at an advanced first aid level until the arrival of more professional emergency personnel.
What the course covers
- The principles of advanced first aid in emergencies
- An advanced level of preparedness to deal with sudden illness or emergencies.
- Assessing and managing an emergency scene / disaster.
- Understanding the anatomy and explaining the physiology of the human body systems in terms of injury or sudden illness.
- Applying primary first aid for all age groups according to accepted current first aid protocols.
- Understanding and managing shock
5 day course
8 Credits, Training Provider certificate, Statment of results from TETA-SETA. The certificate of competence associated with this unit standard will be valid for only three years to ensure the holder’s continued competency through regular re-assessment.
A candidate wishing to complete this unit standard needs to have first completed Levels 1 and 2 or be able to provide evidence of prior learning of an equivalent qualification.